Friday 22 July 2011

Wedding Commission




































Here is a commission I did last month for a lovely lady named Sandee a contact made through Twitter. The brief was to use a poem she had written to create a piece of artwork to be presented at a wedding. Sandee would be giving the drawing to her friend as a wedding present in a frame and possibly reading the poem out at the event. I had to incorporate an illustration of the couple looking like Lego men into the drawing, this would be a constant theme at the wedding.

The pink and blue colours represent the coming together of masculine and feminine, the couple are stood together at the beginning of a path ready to take the journey of marriage together.

A fairly large piece of around 10" x 10" which I really enjoyed doing.

I hope everyone had a lovely day and I wish the couple all the best.