Friday 4 February 2011

A comic about Bruno Mars

This is an idea that myself and my good friend Brad discussed in the pub a couple of weeks ago. If you don't know who Bruno Mars is, He's a singer who likes to wear Trilby hats and is currently in the charts with a song called 'Grenade'. I think he was actually number one in the charts with the song this comic is based on.


Not that I'm suggesting Bruno Mars wouldn't work unpaid or do charity work, I'm sure he's a lovely chap. I've seen a few of his hats in charity shops so he's defiantly a generous guy.

My friend Adam was given one of these charity shop hats as a present for his birthday.

There were lots of other ideas for rhyming lines in this comic, some were pretty rude and I didn't feel it was necessary to lower the tone of my blog too much. Although there is one more line that I thought deserved it's own illustration.

'I'd hit Adam with a Spade for ya'

It would be like a battle of the Trilby's! My friend Adam vs Bruno Mars, Captain Kirk Battle style.

If your wondering why he's on crutches, it's a football injury, nothing serious and he's not always that way.



I decided that all drawings with Bruno Mars in have to have the extra outline around them like in his videos, I hope someone knows what I'm on about here!

I'd like to emphasize that I am in no way suggesting that Bruno Mars goes round hitting cripples with a spade. As I said before I'm sure he's a lovely chap, and a very talented guy. I'd go as far to say that I'd let him have a bite of my Gingerbread man.