Wednesday 19 January 2011

Camping it Up!

.... No, I'm not coming out of the closet whilst singing R-Kelly, I mean Camping as in sleeping outside, in tents obviously!

Here's another commission I did a while back.

I did it for a new friend of mine called Dan, He wanted it to give his girlfriend as a Christmas present.







































I met Dan at a Cancer Bats gig through another friend and have seen him a few times since. Even though I don't know him that well I know  him well enough to say that Dan is the Man, as a result of this I am a fan.

The drawing is from a photograph of Dan and his girlfriend Jo at a music festival, hence the big pile of camping equipment at their feet. The canvas background is spray painted blue with white pencil highlight's. The drawing is coloured with marker pens and thick mount board is used to bring the image forward giving it a 3D effect.

Feedback from Dan and Jo was very good which is great to know.

I've been very busy this week with new ideas planning things and starting new work, very exciting!

Tomorrow I have something a little bit different to show you!