Monday 17 January 2011

I don't like Mondays

So on Friday I shared an illustration I did expressing the feelings and connotations that come with a Friday, the 'Friday Feeling'

If you didn't see my blog on Friday you can see it (Here)

I also did a Monday version of this which has quite different feelings attached to it






































This was drawn from the same study of boxes I piled up on my desk at work. This photo was taken from a lower angle making the box in question look smaller and more insignificant among all the other boxes. Different coloures are used with connotations connected to the Monday feeling or Monday blues.

Today the box feels like he's just a box.


I thought I'd add small images of both the Illustrations together so you can see the difference between them, I also don't want this post to be completely negative because even though it is Monday, it only lasts a day!

Both illustrations were drawn from photographs using a thick marker pen, then coloured on photoshop. I could do some prints of these if anyone would be interested.

I was slightly inspired by a photo that I took a few years ago.

 
I thought it was one of the best things I had ever seen. If you look closely you will see the faces on the back of the truck.

I think the Monday feeling has got me a bit this morning and I've had a bit of bad news so I need to snap out out of it.

 Look to the positives!